Pete The Cat Subtraction

We have been working on subtraction for the last few weeks. I am just starting to discover the Pete The Cat books (I know I am WAY late to the game!!)  This week we read Pete The Cat and His 4 Groovy Buttons. I found this great freebie from the aptly named Peterson's Pad. I pulled out my button math manipulatives and let the kids model the word problems using the buttons.


Next we made this cute craft. I let them decide how many of Pete's buttons were going to pop off and they wrote the number sentence to match.  We just used short strips of paper with an accordion fold to get the buttons to "pop off".




6 comments:

  1. Fun post! Thank you for sharing your resources! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found Pete this summer! My class LOVES them!! Great subtraction crafts!
    Pam
    Mrspspecialties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! Thanks for posting! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I find a template for the Pete the Cat Craft??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a template for this little guy?

    ReplyDelete