Space fun.

Two blog posts in a row, look at me go!! We are loving our space unit so far. I'm only 2 days in and already so glad that this was one of the units that we scheduled to last for 2 weeks. Here's some things we have been working on.

Short u suns. This was a classic example of a day when I prep something and then lose part of it and don't find it until later. Just as we were starting to make our suns I couldn't find the orange rays so I improvised. Our neighboring class's suns turned out much cuter with their big orange rays :)


Pattern block rockets. 



We have started our space books. So far we have water colored our earths and sponge painted paper plates to make suns. 

Here's my example for the moon page (the idea came from my fabulous teaching partner). I have them glue beans down and then cover the beans with a circle of  aluminum foil to make the bumpy surface of the moon. You can grab the sentence pages here.

Tomorrow we are going to make these rockets. (This pic is from last year). I let them decorate their rockets however they want and then use the ten frames to "countdown" from 10 to 1. Add some tissue paper fire, attatch a string to the top and you have some awesome rocket kites. Fun stuff :)

I'll be back later in the week with more space fun and some 100th day action.

In other news, I have some new resources ready for February.  Click the pictures to head over to my store :)




10 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love what you're up to so far! I wish our space unit lasted longer. (We spent three weeks of January on transportation and are spending only one on space!) I love your pattern block rockets, did you make them? And how can I get them? :)

    Have a great rest of the week! Can't wait to see what else you're up to!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, the pattern block rocket is an old mailbox pattern and I'm pretty sure the recording sheet is a freebie from Deedee Wills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girlie~just popped over to see what was happening. I have a few posts from the space unit I did last year...thought you might get a few things to use. I know I'll be using your short u suns - great idea!!!
    http://mssolanoskindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-galaxy-far-far-away.html

    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a March Morning Work packet or a Spring Morning Work Packet????

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI!
    I am currently planning for a PREK space theme and I would love to use the pattern block rocket! Can I download that pattern from somewhere?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Submit your feedback about Kroger's Online at Krogerfeedback.com. Kroger Feedback Survey for customers includes various questions related to Kroger products and service that you encountered with your recent visit to nearby Kroger outlet. Be honest in answering all these questions and you will be rewarded and you get a chance to participate in sweepstakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is really awesome. Thanks for written for us. We follow your website to read your articles. Again thanks for sharing this article.
    mygreatlakes
    www.mygreatlakes.org
    great lakes loans

    ReplyDelete
  9. you shared with us, I am inspired by the method for the stage. It kept joined me regularly. Keep doing awesome. Thanks for sharing this blog article.

    kroger customer survey

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you

    kroger feedback 50 fuel points survey

    ReplyDelete